The Owings Mills Volunteer Fire Company is always looking for hardworking and dedicated individuals to join our organization. Over the past several years our station has been the busiest volunteer fire company within Baltimore County.
Our district is slated as a planned growth development area and we need to continuously increase our membership to grow with it.
If you feel that you want to help our community by protecting property and saving lives then our organization could be for you.
Types of membership
There are several types of membership:
Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
EMS and Fire members are professionally trained in their respective fields and will work alongside their career company counterparts. Associate Members are non-emergency personnel that assist the company with fund raising and administrative responsibilities. All applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
Do I have to become a firefighter or paramedic?
No, there are many other opportunities for you to participate. Our Company needs members to help out behind the scenes with fundraising and/or administration.
Formal training in all disciplines related to emergency services is provided to all members, tuition free. These courses include Firefighter, Rescue Technician, Emergency Medical Technician, and other specialties. There are many opportunities to further your education in the service by taking Truck Operations, Paramedic, Trench Rescue, and more. You will learn many life skills that will serve you well in your life.
1. Applicants with no prior experience / training or with out–of-state certification: $60.00
2. Applicants with current and valid MFRI certifications: FREE
Active Fire or EMS
a. Minimum of 16 duty hours per month x 12 months = 192 hrs
b. Minimum of 30 fundraising hrs per year
c. Obtain Firefighter 1 (apx 108 hrs) or EMT-B (apx 131 hrs) within one year probationary period
d. Complete three (3) FEMA Incident Command System online courses, CPR and Blood Borne Pathogens within 90 days
e. Attend three company meetings (2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 8pm) within 90 days and six meetings within one year
f. Applicants must be at least 16 years old
a. Minimum of 10 duty hours per month x 12 months = 120 hrs
b. Minimum of 30 fundraising hours per year
c. Associate Members are not permitted to take any training classes or ride the apparatus
d. Attend three company meetings (2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 8pm) within 90 days and six meetings within one year
e. Applicants must be at least 16 years old
How Do I Become a Member?
You can choose the type of membership that would be the most appropriate for you based on your individual interests. Your choices are Fire, EMS, or Associate Member. Then, to apply:
1. Download and complete the application (click here to download) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic versions will be accepted. Hand written applications will not be accepted.
2. If you are under 18 download the permission form (click here to download) and have a parent or guardian sign it. The signed form should be brought to the interview.
3. You will be notified via email of the receipt of your application. We will only make one attempt of emailing applicants, so be sure we have your correct email address and check your email on a regular basis.
4. Interviews are held once a month for applicants with at least current and valid MFRI Firefighter 1 and/or Maryland EMT-B. Interviews are only held once a quarter for applicants with no training. You will be notified via email of an interview date and time.
5. At the time of your interview please bring:
• The completed and signed Membership Application Statement of Understanding and Consent.
• The appropriate non-refundable application fee. This may be either cash or check (made out to the OMVFCO)
• Your driver’s license
• Relevant certifications
• Pen and paper for taking notes