new town

Sunday New Town SUV Rollover

Just after 9 AM on Sunday August 4th, Owings Mills was alerted for a vehicle rollover on Groffs Mill Dr off of Lakeside Blvd.

Our Volunteers responded to find a single vehicle accident. The SUV struck a tree and rolled over onto its side. The occupant self extricated and was transported to a local area hospital with minor injuries by Medic 18.

2018 National Night Out

The National Night Out - 2018 in Owings Mills was a huge success.  Volunteers from OMVFCo attended the annual community building campaign that promotes making neighborhoods safer and a more caring place to live.

Dozens of businesses and organizations from around Owings Mills attended the event in Central Park in New Town.

Over Night Fire in New Town

Shortly after 1:30am on Tuesday, May 31, units were alerted for the report of a dwelling fire in the 5100 hundred block of Spring Willow Ct.  Truck 313 was the first fire apparatus on the scene and established "limited command."  One victim was treated for smoke inhalation.  Other units on scene included Franklin and Garrison career stations and the Reisterstown Volunteer Fire Company. Crews cleared at 2:27am.  

Serious Motorcycle Accident in New Town

Just before 3:00pm on Tuesday, May 24th, OMVFCo Engine 312 was alerted along with an IV unit from Liberty Road VFC and an EMS Supervisor from Garrison, for the report of an motor vehicle accident involving a motorcycle, at the intersection of Fitch Hill Road and New Town Blvd.  When units arrived, they found a motorcycle that had left the roadway and hit a tree. The patient was reported to be in serious condition and transported to a hospital, priority 2.

Unattended Floor Buffer Starts Fire in Owings Mills

On October 8, 2015 at 13:46 hrs, units from the Owings Mills Volunteer Fire Company, along with apparatus from Franklin, Garrison, Liberty Road Volunteers, Randallstown, and Glyndon Volunteers, were alerted for the report of a dwelling in the 4700 block of Buxton Circle in the New Town area of Owings Mills.  Crews determined that an unattended floor buffer burned through the first floor and into the garage.  Crews remained on scene for just over one hour.